[Help]Packet Lost

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by WSMJ, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSMJ

WSMJ Registered Member

Hello,

While tracing alot of network activity, in my Project Status box it showed 1,272,326 PACKETS LOST. I understand that to indicate due to the high bandwidth of traffic I have a high percentage of collisions.

But, when I look at the Report tab it does not indicate where those collisions or errors are coming from. When I look at the 802.3 error section it does not show up.

Where would I be able to get a better handle on what those lost packets actually were ?

2. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi WSMJ,

There are analysis engine and packet capture engine inside Capsa. Each engine has packet buffer inside. When buffer is full filled, and the system does not deal with it in time, then the packet will be lost. If the hardware configure is low, and with less memory, but the network traffic is very heavy, the packet will be lost. To avoid or reduce the packet lost, please see the Help file, chapter "Performance Optimization" for reference.

3. WSMJ

WSMJ Registered Member

I understand that, but, I log all the captures. What section shows me the erros, I cannot find the section that shows where these errors are.

In the REPORT section it shows me all the info I need but it does not show me what those errors represent.

4. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi WSMJ,
    The physical error was reported by the network adapter device driver, Capsa can only capture data which NIC adapter allows to captured, that is to say, the NIC adapter only provides statistics value but not details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.