Help! No malware to fix, no problems to solve

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by DigitalMan, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Registered Member

I am deeply troubled to say that ever since upgrading my system and software based on hanging out at Wilders I have not had a single malware or security related issue. To make things worse, my security applications are working really well and don't need to be fixed, updated or configured.

What should I do now? Will I be forced to get a life?

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

ON THE CONTRARY! THAT'S WHAT 10-F IS FOR!

OTHERWISE IT WOULD JUST GET TOO BORING, NOW WOULDN'T IT?!? LOL!

MARJA:cool:

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

That is a side effect of hanging around here. With knowledge comes security and with security comes free time. And that is where the problem comes in. You can either sit and watch your computer waiting for something to go wrong or you could be forced to get a life. really life altering decisions. Nah Just sit and look at the computer while browsing Wilders :D there is nothing better to do that I can mention here ;)

bigc

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks for that uplift DigitalMan.....I was beginning to think I was just a SAD person.....gazing vacantly at my screen wondering if it was worth asking if anyone knew of any REALLY DANGEROUS sites that I might be able to get into trouble on......but I'll probably stay where I'am and just browse around and live vicariously off other peoples Down-falls......but secretly wishing it was me.......... :D :D......I place the fact that I have no scary or worrying moments fairly at Wilders door.........

Cochise, :cool:

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Nahh. Just give me the necessary details and I will try to haxxor your PC :D

<j/k>

If your security applications are working really well, here's what you do:

1)Go to your local computer store
    2)Buy some spray paint
    3)Paint your favorite logo on your PC cabinet
    4)Buy the latest games
    5)Buy some LED fans
    6)Make a Window on your cabinet on which the (transluscent) spray paint shows the LEDs
    7)Admire your PC
    :cool:Play the games
    9)Open a beer (I dont do this though)
    10)Enjoy

:D:D:D:D

6. wildman

wildman Registered Member

o_O I must have missed something, I still am bitching about a certain companies lack of ability to get a decent updater out for use. Hey now that could give us all something to do (Lets all bitch).

Thanks
    Wildman
    :D :) :rolleyes: :eek: ;) :D :p

7. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Advice: the moment your pc runs stable and all is well, start trialing beta software, start fideling with the registry etc. Before you know it, you have to reinstall :D

8. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

All,
    :D LOL :D :ninja:

9. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Registered Member

LOL! It is tempting to start messing with stuff. I think I'll go get another external hard drive and back my system up. That ought to create some problems.

Just built a Linux system for my hacking mojo, maybe that will keep my hands of the Windows machine and let it just be stable and happy.

10. SSK

SSK Registered Member

:D :ninja:

11. darkfires

darkfires Registered Member

Great Thread !!!!!

Too funny ! I can relate. After all what is there to do after spending every spare minute you have trying to fix your computer and finally succeedo_O

Did someone say we may have to get a life? And to think I've been under the impression life solely consisted of ridding and preventing a "worm virus" !

I'm so bored I've been reading archives!

Everyone here is great and I can't tell you how much I have learned and I'm sure I'll be asking questions again soon, but hopefully not before I can catch up my sleep.

You guys are great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.