HELP netgear WPN824(router)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mack_guy911, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i just bought netgear WPN824(router) i install it on beetel 220BX modem and set my modem in bridge mode...

after that i try to connect it i didnt get connected so i call netgear tech support base in india they told me to reset router and tell come configration and after reset again and again

at the end my router stop connecting to even to my etherent port(LAN port) and its lan port light is also it orange color before it was green i am quite sure it might be working good as well these indian tech keep making me reset it again and again now they say its is faulty router i need to replace it from where i bought it

i am myself form india i dont want to insult the people of my country but its shame to say that these indian netgear support guy are :mad: i dont want to have tech support form them after i get the replacement of my router
    on monday i go for replacement
    please guys i need your help tell me steps how to configure it

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I admit I dont look at modems/routers, but I understand "Bridged" connections. Why would you set this,.. is your modem also a router?

I would leave the modem as default, then the added router as gateway.

3. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

Sometimes holding the router reset button down for ten seconds or longer (up to twenty seconds) will help reset it to factory settings. Remove your Beetel 220BX modem cable connection from the router when you do this while you troubleshoot the router reset problem. As a matter of fact try removing ALL connections and cables from the router when you reset it. If you can't get the router to reset to factory settings then it might be easier to replace it. I recommend always using a hard wired ethernet cable connection from your computer to your router when you first set up the router.

Once you get the router set up and working with your computer as part of your local network then you can try connecting the Beetel 220BX modem to the router to establish your internet connection. If your ISP provided the Beetel modem you should contact your ISP tech support for help on how to configure the modem to avoid conflicts with the router. Setting the modem to bridge mode is not always necessary if the router is properly configured. After setting up your router and re-connecting your modem to your router then try using the default modem settings first instead of bridged mode. If you have trouble with your internet connection using those default modems settings then your ISP and/or Netgear support should be able to provide you with the right configuration information to use. The netgear.com and broadbandreports.com web sites might have additional helpful information to help you configure your brand of modem and Netgear router to work together without conflicts.

After you get the router and modem working together and the local network and the internet connection working properly with ethernet cable then you configure the wireless connection between your router and your computer.

4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

Thanks to you all
    for your help i atlast configure it with the help of isp and router support

now next qury is how to set router firewall and + how to set outpost firewall with router

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.