help needed

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by anglopolish, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anglopolish

anglopolish Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I have a 500g hdd. It was partitioned into 4 partitions using PM 2009. Suddenly, my pc wouldn't boot for a disk error!!!
    I used a spare disk trying to find out why is this.
    Starting the utility, I can see 5 partitions not four!!!
    Unallocated 80.4 gb
    Local 0 B
    Unallocated 23.5 gb
    Local 811.5 gb
    local 259.3 gb
    All drive letters are gone!

Can anyone help please? I have RT Studio for recovery but I don't want to touch the disk to avoid any unnecessary extra problems.

Regards,

Pawel

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Anglopolish,

Did anything happen leading up to the disk error? Was there any operations that were carried out successfully or unsuccessfully prior to the reboot and error?

We want to rule out if any operations may have corrupted your hard drives or your hard drive suffered from a failure.

If you have a Windows installation disk, I would recommend running check disks from the command prompt.

As a last restore, using the recovery disk, you can delete your partition tables, displaying all free (unallocated) space, and use the Undelete tool to rebuild the partition tables.

3. anglopolish

anglopolish Registered Member

Hi there,

I was running a disk defrag and my son accidentaly hit restart button.

The thing that surprise me most is seeing a partition that is over 800gb in a 500gb disk!!!

I will try to run chkdsk as advised, but if it wouldn't work. Can I delete evrything and format the drive, then use a recovery software, to get all my data back?

Regards,

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I wouldn't recommend doing such a drastic move yet. After the check disk, salvage whatever data you can first and move it to a safe location. Then delete the partitions that are affected; for instance, if the Windows partition is intact (same size, same location), skip deleting that partition and delete the others. Run conventional search with Undelete.

Good Luck,

Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.