Help needed with setting the right settings in ZoneAlarm Pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Brian2005, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian2005

Brian2005 Registered Member

I just installed ZoneAlarm Pro on one other PC that I have at my house. It is running great so far on this PC. When I installed ZoneAlarm Pro, I had the internet in use and when the computer restarted, the Internet was already in use too. The "SmartDefense Advisor" chose settings automatically for several programs and things. But however... some have question marks. I would like to know if anyone is willing to help me before I type all the programs that I have questions on which settings to choose for them.

Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

-Brian :)

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

The question mark is one of the settings. It means ZA will ask/prompt you for action if the program attempts a connection. Some users prefer to leave some applications set this way so they will be prompted every time instead of allowing it all the time.

Options: Permit, Deny, Ask.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. Brian2005

Hi CrazyM... ok, I see... I may leave the following with question marks or whichever setting you or the other Wilders members suggest.

First off.... for a multiplayer game, what would you suggest thats online... for example, Counter-Strike.

The following programs I would like to know which settings I should apply if any:

CTF Loader
    Image Mastering API
    Modem Messaging Applet
    NOD32 - on-demand scanner
    NOD32 Control Center GUI
    Registry Initializer
    SMax4PNP MFC Application
    Windows Login UI
    Windows Security Center Notification App
    Windows User Mode Driver Manager
    WMI (Microsoft Windows Operating System) it says...
    Zone Labs Client

I also would appreciate it if anyone could tell me what "Trust Level" to give each... I would ask this question on the ZoneAlarm forums since its a ZoneAlarm related question but the people there do not even reply to me.

Thanks very much, I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with my question above....

~Brian

4. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

So far I have started off with lower settings and as I get alerts I keep upping the level until they stop. Onviously this is with apps you know and recognise.

5. Brian2005

Hi q1aqza :), ok.. I will stick with question marks then the "Ask" option. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.