Help needed uninstalling Norton 2003

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by marty1, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marty1

marty1 Registered Member

Hello all.....have tried micro add and remove ,nowt happened but a critical error messsage...wonder why!!!o_OTried with easycleaner ,same thing......
    do i have to delete every symantec prog or file that i can find or what!!!!!
    It hasn`t been updated for 2 years so needs the `boot`.....am running
    AVG FULL TIME,EWIDO LATEST,A2 FREE,SPYWAREBLASTER,SPYBOTS@D
    and other littles!!!!Any help would be damn helpful!!!!!!Thanx Symanorton
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

3. DCM

DCM Registered Member

It is very difficult to get rid of. I tried the utilities that Norton had available and at that time (2004) they did not completely remove everything. I finally manually deleted 300+ registry entries that referred to Norton and Symantec.

Recent registry cleaners might reduce that number considerably. Now, I use Regseeker (carefully) and VCOM SystemSuite 6.0. Between them, they do a pretty good job.

That experience made me stop using Norton products. Some day I may start again if they fix their software so it does not invade and take over my computer.

4. True Orient

True Orient Registered Member

5. marty1

marty1 Registered Member

Thank you bigc,orient and all for your help,managed to get rid and yes i didn`t
    know myself just how many things THEY had on MY computor!!!!!!!!Still getting rid of the odd reg value but am being careful!!!!!!!!!Thank you again
    all the best....marty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.