Help! My other computer has Outfox malware!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by rsa2, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsa2

rsa2 Registered Member

Hello All,

I am new here to Wilders, my name is Rob. I have an issue with my other computer....I was downloading something and all of a sudden some kind of malware got onto my computer and started adding about four shortcuts on the Desktop for various programs which I successfully uninstalled in "Add/Remove" Programs. However, I still have a huge problem....its called "Outfox TV". It installed a sidebar on the right hand side of my screen as well as a shortcut on the bottom of the screen. Somehow now I also have four things starting up when I looked in "msconfig" that I have no idea what they are or what they do. I am currently on my other computer and I am currently running Spybot search & destroy as well as a full scan using Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 hoping either one of these programs will find something.

Please advise on what I can do should these programs not find anything! Thank you for all your help!

Rob

Also - Would I want to reformat the entire hard drive even if these two programs find something? In case of any remnants left in the system?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.