Help! My other computer has Outfox malware!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by rsa2, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsa2

rsa2 Registered Member

Hello All,

I am new here to Wilders, my name is Rob. I have an issue with my other computer....I was downloading something and all of a sudden some kind of malware got onto my computer and started adding about four shortcuts on the Desktop for various programs which I successfully uninstalled in "Add/Remove" Programs. However, I still have a huge problem....its called "Outfox TV". It installed a sidebar on the right hand side of my screen as well as a shortcut on the bottom of the screen. Somehow now I also have four things starting up when I looked in "msconfig" that I have no idea what they are or what they do. I am currently on my other computer and I am currently running Spybot search & destroy as well as a full scan using Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 hoping either one of these programs will find something.

Please advise on what I can do should these programs not find anything! Thank you for all your help!

Rob

Also - Would I want to reformat the entire hard drive even if these two programs find something? In case of any remnants left in the system?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.