HELP ME

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by THOR33, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THOR33

THOR33 Registered Member

when I try to make the cd with pe builder 3110a I don,t make it because:
    Procesando archivos INF: "C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\zz5\nu2shell\nu2shell.inf"
    Sección: Append
    Agregando archivos ID "C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\zz5\nu2shell\nu2shell_nu2menu.xml" a "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\Programs\Nu2Menu\nu2menu.xml"
    Procesando archivos INF: "C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\z_UpperFilters\UpperFilters.inf"
    Procesando driver IDs
    Checking for missing files
    Construir la imagen ISO
    Corriendo programa externo
    C:\pebuilder3110a\mkisofs.exe -iso-level 4 -volid "BartPE" -b bootsect.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide bootsect.bin -hide boot.catalog -o "C:\Documents and Settings\SILVESTRE" "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE"
    Warning: Creating ISO-9660:1999 (version 2) filesystem.
    Warning: ISO-9660 filenames longer than 31 may cause buffer overflows in the OS.
    mkisofs: Permission denied. Unable to open disc image file
    error: Producido error de salida 13
    Construcción terminada...
    Hay 1 errores y 0 advertencias
    Use los botones [<<] y [>>] para saltar al error/Advertencia.
    WHY?

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I would not trust ANY program that included an incorrect reference to a standard.

There's never been an ISO-9660:1999 (version 2), the correct reference is ISO 9660:1998 and there has NEVER been a version 2.

The standard was first released in April 1988, but ISO screwed it up, so I had them make corrections and produce the current standard in September 1988. No change in the structures, just fixed a bunch of the text.

3. THOR33

THOR33 Registered Member

AND what can I do?

4. Howard Kaikow

Use another program to create the CD-ROM image.

5. THOR33

THOR33 Registered Member

what program?

6. Howard Kaikow

For example, Nero or Roxio's programs.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hmm, bit of a contradiction here :blink: . Nero's CD-ROM (boot) ISO tab provides an ISO 9660:1999 option in the file system drop-down picklist. If your statement in #2 above is correct it means Nero has also got it wrong and therefore, according to you, shouldn't be trusted :cautious:.

8. Howard Kaikow

That's right.

indeed, as we speak, I'm involved in a discussion within a standards committe in which somebody from Nero has proposed doing something non-standard.

To his credit, at least he did not go off and implement before disussing the possibility.

Most of the problems using CD-ROM, etc. have been due to, how can I best say this, nincompoops, sometimes intentionally, violating the standards in their implementations.

Sometimes this results in unexpected problems.
    For example, whilst I was still at DEC, eventually a prtoblem got reported to the VMS developers. THey came to me to get my help in finding a solution, which I did.

In this case, I learned that the DEC customer had gotten the CD from somebody at HP, perhaps indirectly.

When I mentioned this to a CDROM code implementor at HP, he said that HP intentionally created such non-standard CDs for internal use, and he had no idea how such a CD ever got out of HP.

In this case, there was no justification for doing the particular non-standard thingee. There was NO benefit to creating such non-standard media.

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Very interesting Howard but does Nero still come with your recommendation or not?

Regards

10. Howard Kaikow

My drive came with EZCD 5.* watered down version and I purchased retail Nero 5.

At that time, the PC was Win 98/Win 2000 dual boot.
    CD recording stuff did not work properly in Win 98.

Then Nero 6 was released.
    It worked better and worse.
    Nero 5/InCD 3 was able to do things with my CD-RW drive that could not be done with Nero 6/InCD 4.

I finaly found out why.
    Nero 5/InCD 3/EasyREader, I forget which, had been written by another company that ahead had taken over. Nero 6, etc. was a rewrite, and in the rewrite, they did not properly handle my Plextor drive. This is slopppy design and implementation.

Worse was that InCD was the worst piece of software I've ever used. If you think the early version of TI 9 was bad, InCD was far worse.

I finally gave up on InCD in Feb 2004 and purchased Roxio's EMC 7.
    Although not free of bugs, at least Drag to Disk worked, unlike InCD.

So, on my multiboot PC, I installed EMC on the main OS and left Nero/InCD on the less used OS.

EMC 7 has worked for me, with a few bugs, but others have reported problems, so there are no guarantees.

Last week, i updated Nero/IncD to the latest updates for Nero 6 and InCD 4, but have not really used the critters since Feb 2004.

Looking at the Nero forums, it appears that Nero is still in the habit of having more updates/problems than I would like to see. Perhaps, ditto for Roxio?

And Roxio has released EMC 7.5, etc. But the upgrade to 7.5 was not free so I chose not to try it.

My problem is that I know too much about the underlying standards and cannot accept the sloppy software that has been released over the years by the main players in this market.

I would not RECOMMEND any of the software, but as we are all forced to buy such a critter, one does have to choose, but your guess is as good as mine as to which release of each product is stable enough for your own use.

Some may do better with Nero, others may do better with Roxio, whilst others may do better with yet another vendor's product.

Bottom Line: Ever since I released the High Sierra proposal in June 1986, and ISO 9660 was published in 1988 and ISO/IEC 13346 was published in 1995, implementations have been disgraceful. There's just no excuse.

Yesterday, I posted the following:

And, today, I posted:

11. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Post you issues with BartPE here http://911cd.net/forums/ and ignore the other comments about which program to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.