Help me please!!

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by snake75, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake75

snake75 Registered Member

it seems i have had Worm.SomeFool.Gen-1 and W32/Netsky.d@MM on my pc and i dont have a clue how to get rid of them or wot to do next. my pc is incredibly slow and i can just about get msn and nothing else. it just keeps crashing. i have Norton Anti Virus Software which has been affected and part of it disabled and cannot be enabled, and i have Zone Alarm Pro which slows everythin even more.

I have done virus scans which dont seem to work, Ad-Aware has found potential hackers so i have quarantined those, doesnt help that i dont have a clue wot im doing!!

the viruses were present in emails i supposedly tried to send but didnt
    :'(

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there snake, welcome to the WormGuard forum!
    would advice you please first of all post your HijackThis log (see in this thread step 2 https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913 ) so the experts can help you to start with getting rid of those items blocking a proper startup and running of your system, after we can look several steps deeper!
    Was it Norton which found those infections or did you use another scanner like TDS (Trojan Defence Suite)?

3. snake75

snake75 Registered Member

no it was a mail scanner thingy on lycos! came up with the them on emails i supposedly sent but didnt. the norton scanner showed nothin but then it aint workin properly now cos i cant enable bits of it and the email scanner wont work. zone alarm is pretty useless as well. i tried ad-aware and quarantined sum stuff but as i dont know wot im doin its a bit difficult.

am at work atm but wen i get home i will carry out ur suggestion. cheers!

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.