Help Me! MS AS crashes my computer!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TylerGred, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerGred

TylerGred Registered Member

I don't know what is going on, but I'm having problems. I've been using MS AS for the past month with no problems. Until today, I loved the program. However, when I booted up my computer today my system was at a stand still. I opened Process Explorer and saw that MSAGentupdate was taking between 75-95% of my computers resources. I restarted and the same thing. I let it sit for over an hour and my computer locked. So I decided to uninstall it, problem is I cant because my comp locks up on start up. I tried to uninstall it in safe mode, but windows installed won't allow it.

So then I went into Outpost(in safe mode) and blocked everything I could find related to MS from ALL internet activity. Didn't work :(

I tried to add it to Process Guards block list also, but it loads before PG loads and then crashes if I try to open PG.... and PG isn't opening in safe mode.

I also tried to start the comp without my ethernet cable plugged and you guessed it...

Any suggestions on how to get around this short of formatting my hard drive?

I just looked in PE and the .exe is gcasDtServ.exe and its KILLING my computer.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

In safe mode shut down all of the processes in MSAS . kill the resident msas scanner and the auto updates, everything that runs and then try to reboot.

if you have to delete the MSAS folder in program files in safe mode.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Don't just kill them, actually turn them off in the Msas gui.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.