Help Me ESET Guru's

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by siggy, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siggy

siggy Registered Member

ok so my pc is being rooted by something. each time i bootup i see command prompt on the screen or an identical looking black windows for a split second, to fast to read anythting on it if there is anything. if i bootup with the internet on only C drive will show and i cannot access any of my other hardrives. if i bootup with the internet off, everything is fine. also i am experiancing momentary lag where the mouse stalls and them moves a short time later.

spybot has found nothing. adaware found some low and medium level tracking stuff. true sword 4 found some registry keys linked to zlob.downloader and lmir.trojan which i could not fix as the trial ran out =(

also eset trial smart security has found nothing ! and niether has Spyware doctor.

please help me. i have to go for work now, so il be back in about 6 hours.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

After HiTech_boy's advice and you're still at a loss/confused, I'll have you try something specific.

Start with HijackThis, download it and do a scan and save the log file. Post the logfile (any board rules against it? o_O). My initial guess is that it's not a "deeply rooted" issue so it'll probably show up in the scan logfile.

There's another program, autoruns (from sysinternals), but the log it saves is more "broad", almost like a profile of your computer. Anyway, that's for later.

ps, I'm not a guru :D

Regards.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

6. pheather

pheather Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.