Help me choose a VPN -- leaning towards Perfect Privacy

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by blaugh, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaugh

blaugh Registered Member

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a VPN provider. I've used tor (not a vpn, I know) in the past but the speeds were far too slow even for general surfing. I moved on to relakks, but I've had issues with their reliability and questions about just how anonymous I am with them. Their customer service is terrible -- they don't even reply to emails -- and they don't disclose a lot about themselves on their website to start with.

So I've been shopping around. Factors I'm looking for include:

- Transparency. Many providers seem to expect you to trust them without giving you any reason to do so.
    - Off-shore. In my case, that means the provider should be outside of North America.
    - Various servers to choose from in a variety of countries.
    - Little or no custom software to download/configure.
    - A variety of payment options.

A few options I'm looking at are SecurStar, trackbuster, and Perfect Privacy. Of the three, Perfect Privacy seems to fit my criteria the closest, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with them. They seem transparent almost to a fault, bordering on information overload in their faqs: http://www.perfect-privacy.com/faq.html.

Has anyone have any experience with them? Or, failing that, can you recommend any alternatives I may not have considered?

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Blaugh,

I would be happy to give you a free spin on the XeroBank network.

3. fuzzylogic

fuzzylogic Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.