help me antivir (avira)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Dorn, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorn

Dorn Registered Member

hi, i am new here =)
    I want to know which product of antivir (avira) gives protection against spyware and adware also?
    i am using right now Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium, so i really want to know if PersonalEdition Premium protects me against spyware&adware or must i download Avira Premium Security Suite?

thanks.

2. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

Hi Dorn,

The Antivir Personal Premium you are using includes Anti Spyware but not a Web Scanner which is only included in the Suite.

Neil

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Guard will catch anything that tries to execute on your computer. If you want something caught before it reaches your computer then you would want the Suite which has webguard. Webguard catches it slightly sooner than Guard. There is a price to pay though for many users to catch the baddie slightly sooner and that is that your internet speed may be drastically lowered by one-half or more especially when doing a speed test. Guard will catch it before it harms your computer so I don't use webguard because it slows my broadband connection drastically. Not everyone one notices this problem though so you may want to try the Suite with webguard but rest assured that Guard itself will provide you sufficient protection against adware and spyware.

You may want to check the categories under General/Extended Threats that are unchecked by default. This this will extend the adware/spyware coverage BUT you must be prepared for False Positives if you check the categories that are not checked by default.

4. hsobrevilla02

hsobrevilla02 Registered Member

please see this link ( http://www.free-av.com/en/download/1/download_avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html )
    hope this answers your question.
    thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.