Help making chrome a more private browser?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by cooperb21, Jan 29, 2015.

1. cooperb21

cooperb21 Registered Member

Im wondering what extensions or tweaks you suggest?

I was looking at DuckDuckGo's suggested things i have changed my search from google to DuckDuckGo but im not sure should i disable what they suggest in chrome they are saying turn of Malware protection and not enable do not track? Also not sure if i should keep Predict network actions to improve page load performance on or off.

http://fixtracking.com/

2. krustytheclown2

krustytheclown2 Registered Member

Maybe try SRWare Iron. Or just Chromium (not Chrome!) + ABP + HTTPS Everywhere + a script blocker + Ghostery/Disconnect

3. cooperb21

I tried SRWare Iron but i find it has to many issues. Flash crashes alot,Sync is not built in needs to be added and updates are usually 1 version behind.

Right now im using Ghostery, Ublock, Https everywhere, WOT and i did alot of tweaks to chrome that someone on this forum suggested.

Is this not enough or can Google still track you?

Turn off = Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
    Turn off = Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
    Turn off = Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google
    Turn off = Predict network actions to improve page load performance
    Turn off = Enable Autofill to fill out forms in a single click
    Turn off = Offer to save passwords I enter on the web and select in the advanced section go to the privacy setting and select allow local data to be set until I close my browser and block third party cookies and site data and go into about:flags and enable disable sending hyperlink auditing pings and use Gorhill's extension ublock with dynamic filtering and install EFF's extension HTTPS everywhere. I would also recommend you have enable "click to play" plugins in chrome's settings and disable "Allow some identifiers to be set" and disable "allow sites to see my real location" and disable "allow a site to access my webcam" before I did that I tested it with this program( http://www.telerik.com/fiddler )like 3 years ago and it sent everything you typed to Google when you used Chrome but after you disable the first 4 things I got listed it sends nothing and is private test it with that program.

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Just compartmentalize sufficiently so that there's no risk if Google, the NSA, the Chinese, the Russians, etc, etc, etc are tracking all of your personas.

5. cooperb21

Meh i like to think im not even important enough to track my information is worthless lol.

6. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

That's what they all say ;)

But of course, that's what Mirimir says too :rolleyes:

7. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I have similar settings as you described in post #3 cooperb21. Since total privacy is an illusion, that's enough private for me.

8. 142395

142395 Guest

All depends on how much you're paranoid.
    My Chrome tweaks here.
    Recommended addons: Don't track me Google, HTTPS Everywhere, Kiss Privacy (not necessary if you use uMatrix), WebRTC Block, uBlock, uMatrix
    Don't recommend but can be candidate: CSFire (only for true geeks as it can cause many troubles), Blur/MaskMe (remember if you save your fake credentials here, Abine can see all of them)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.