HELP LCD (Notebook/laptop) Screen

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dogma, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogma

dogma Registered Member

Hi all

I have just noticed my Laptop screen going green during XP bootup, like green liquid is flowing just before XP startup, after the XP loading screen. (i.e. during the stage when the screen goes blank.)

Is this the first sign of trouble?

My laptop is only 12 months old.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Dogma,

Make sure (if wired) there aren't any jumbled line's laying about, crossing or overlapped. Electrical interference can be a problem. Then ask your pc's manufacturer which step's should be taken toward's making a legitimate determination.

*Mention whether the condition happen's the same each boot.

Beyond those you'll find monitor oriented, diagnostic utilities on benchmarkhq.ru's site should it be out of the warranty period. Short of running vi$ta, MonitorAssetManager v1.26 passed interesting, but unverified detail's about my laptop. From there you could search around and see how common an issue it is.

Useful pages:

GF

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  3. dogma

dogma Registered Member

I was at Uni when I originally posted. I noticed the socket, which I plugged my laptop into, had a faulty socket next to it. I thought nothing of it. It occurred during every reboot, (to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me).

I've just come home, and I have not seen it after 4 reboots. So I am assuming that you are right about electronic interference.

I will take your advice and email ACER support over this weekend to see what they say.

Thanks! Really appreciate the help.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Good. Let's hope it's nothing more than what you've mentioned and one that's not generally needed.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.