Help interpreting NOD32 message

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by StephF, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephF

StephF Registered Member

Hi again -

OK, I am obviously not a techie and could use some more advice. I downloaded the NOD32 antivirus program and got the following message:

trojan Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.NAR found in operating memory. NOD32 cannot clean this infiltration. No action can be taken on a memory infiltration.

Does this mean that I don't have any options to remove the virus? Do I have to reformat my hard drive, and if so, does anyone have instructions on how to do so (or maybe being a novice I shouldn't attempt it myself??).

Thanks! I have a brand new Dell computer and am feeling pretty stressed about this :-(

Steph

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Steph, simply reboot your computer into Safe Mode and run another scan, this time it should remove it just fine.

As this is a Nod32 issue I'll move your thread into the Nod32 forum.

Cheers

Blackspear :D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Not necessary to boot to safe mode, just click the Leave button and run the cleaning. Before you do that, configure your NOD32 scanner per Blackspear's instructions at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509.

After NOD32 finds and deletes the infected file, it will prompt you for a restart. After the restart, the virus will no longer be resident in memory.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.