help! install nod whilst infected

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kalass, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalass

kalass Registered Member

ill keep it short
    my laptop was infected with conficker, i hadnt reinstalled nod as it had just come back from asus and was cleared

how can i install nod without the program corrupting? i need help quickly, all av sites are blocked as if microsoft, cant enter regeistry etc.

anything?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If your computer was really cleared , I doubt that AV sites would still be blocked or Registry inaccessable.

I have uploaded for you the latest version of Microsoft's Malicious software removal tool . Download it from here (if the MS site is unaccessable for you):
    http://rapidshare.de/files/48649893/windows-kb890830-v3.0.exe.html

Run it and attempt to remove Conficker .

Another useful tool for Conficker removal would be:
    http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Do make sure that you are not connected to any networks during and after removal of Conficker until you are sure everything's clean.

After the parasite is removed , download ESET's antivirus from www.eset.com/download , install it and make sure your Windows is up-to-date

3. kalass

kalass Registered Member

sorry if i didnt express it properly, but after i got my computer back i got infected

ive run the malicious software tool several times and it has had some effect, however the registry is inaccessable as are av sites.

im also worried about all the svchost.exe processess in task manager, i have been keeping the net off.

ill try combofix now, but im not hopefull

thanks for the advice :)

*** combo fix doesnt run with vista

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

kalass, perhaps you should review this Wilders thread: If you are currently infected and try to obtain assistance at any of the sites listed there.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Since you posted this message in the NOD32 v2 Antivirus section of the forum I assume you are using NOD32 v2.70, correct? If so, you can try using the standalone Win32/Conficker worm removal tool, available from this page in ESET's Virus Encyclopædia, or download the free upgrade to ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.0, which can be downloaded from this page on ESET's web site.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is very old one , from the XP era (just after SP2 became popular).

This is much newer and more professional ... article ... However , re-built (reinstall) is more needed because of the psychological part of the things , I think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.