help in Configuring rules for Xunlei

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sunrise, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunrise

sunrise Registered Member

Hi, i need help in firewall rules as relatively new..
    i read postings/guide on creating rules for web surfing, and other most use applications. but i need some help on download manager (im using thunderbolt, aka xunlei, which i read that it uses p2sp). me using kis 6.

when first opening the thunderbolt program, even when not downloading stuff, i got alerts asking for permission for the program for internet access. i understand that when downloading stuff using the program, generally is to allow outbound connection and block inbound connection.

first question: when making a rule for outbound for this program, when selecting port, which port? i read that xunlei uses three ports but it not certain..or enough to just allow outbound over tcp without specifying port or remote add/id etc?

second: is there a way to block outbound connection when not downloading stuff? as in, the program will attempt to connect outbound/ask permission every now and then for internet access..i wish to block it automatically but not when i initate a download using the program..

Thanks!

2. sunrise

sunrise Registered Member

any help pls?

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I do not know / have not used this software.

Some info I have found:-
    Original info from:

Additional info on Xunlei

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.