Help! I'm new

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by norita, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norita

norita Registered Member

Ijust downloaded the free firewall and cannot find any place to read about how to make it work. I annot tell if it is working, I do not know how to set the rules or anything. I have tried clicking every danged button I can find, and get no "instructions"!! I am very frustrated about now.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Ghostwall should work immediately after installation, the default rules are pretty good for the average user. GW can be a little hard to figure out for a beginner, if you don't have the time to learn i'd suggest something easier like zonealarm, pc tools or comodo firewall.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  3. sweet_breeze

sweet_breeze Registered Member

There must be some instructions on the cover……search for it well. I have not installed the firewall yet……I haven’t decided to install it or not. I have a problem too…..i hope someone will help me. I have been trying to post a picture of mine on the forum as my signature but I’m not able to. I think that the size of the picture is too heavy……if I use an image hosting site do you I will be able to use the picture as my signature. Some minutes ago I have registered on 2and2 net; an image hosting site. When I’ll get my confirmation from this site then I will try to add my signature again. I hope that this time it works. Do you think that this time it will be fine?

4. MsFluffyMuffin

MsFluffyMuffin Registered Member

@ norita & sweet_breeze: have you tried the help section, here's the link if you can't find the button ;)

http://www.ghostsecurity.com/help/ghostwall/

I'am using GhostWall right now myself, works perfectly, here's a little tip, use the logs to help you fix rules, the blocked logs will help you see if you have a rule set correctly or if you have forgotten to set a rule up for something, nice work by the way Jason :thumb:

Hugs,
    Fluffy

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

As too the above enquiry, no, it will not work because images in signatures are not allowed here at Wilders. More info here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=19950

snowbound

6. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Ghostwall isn't really designed/aimed for the "completely new to firewall" type person and assumes you understand a little about networking and tcp/ip.

That said, it is designed to work pretty well out of the install as the first reply said (kinda like the inbuilt XP firewall).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.