Help! I made a dumb mistake

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by TennisBum, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TennisBum

TennisBum Registered Member

I uninstalled Spyblaster and now from what I read it is still doing it's job. What should I do now? I prefer not to make another dumb mistake so I though I'd try asking first this time. Thanks!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, if you uninstalled SpywareBlaster without turning off it's protections, then the only way to disable those protections now is to reinstall it; update it online (to get the latest definitions); then click on the link to Disable all protections. That will remove all protections from the system. Then you can uninstall it again and it'll be like it was never even on your system - if that is what you want.

3. MCT

MCT Registered Member

why uninstall it?

4. TennisBum

Well actually there is a website that I visit regularly and I became unable to use their links and everything I tried didn't work and so I eliminated the only thing that was different on my machine, which was Spyblaster.

I really like Splyblaster and would like to use it but I also really need the links on this website. Any suggestions for how to do both?

This is the link I need access to: national.usta.com

Thanks!

5. cmac

cmac Registered Member

No solution here I'm afraid. But just to let you know, I am using SpywareBlaster ( for a day now!) and CAN access national.usta.com

Good luck

Chris

6. JemW

JemW Registered Member

SB is not blocking this site - I'm on it now...

Jem

7. TennisBum

Ok - I reinstalled Spywareblaster - disabled it. Then I repaired IE and used my RoadRunner Medic to release and reapply my dns and all that stuff and was able to go onto the website in question. Then I reinstalled Spywareblaster and reset everything and am able to visit the site in question. I think it was probably the RoadRunner Medic trick that did it cause I was getting a DNS error and didn't realize it.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.