Help & i like to stick my foot up microsoft but

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

So today was big day for me.

I roll up in my my big wheel to office depot in the hopes of finaly geting a graphics driver i think it been two years that i wanted one cause i was stuck with gate way 8mb graphics chip set.

so i got a radeon 7500 pci graphics card 64 tv out put

so i get home and i plug it in and from there on my nightmare began

first off gate way and microsoft are the most horriabe people who do not let you upgrade inless it has microsoft logo stamp on it

so after two hours of hell i deleted the onld graphics driver and stuff

so now it works kinda

but now my gateway keepsaying new device found and it keeps wanting to install driver for gateway garphics chipset

worst off it wont let me install new driver for the new graphics card i install

it say because it was not certified by microsoft that it will not be allowed to install for the integrity of my pc bs

so i cant update my graphics card cause microsoft didint built it

its not certified or something

is there a way arond these two issues im runing windows me gateway pc celeron 700mhz essinthial

need how to get rid of detected new hardware gateways built in graphics and keeps wanting to install this

Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller
    Intel(R) 82810-DC100 Graphics Controller
    Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller
    Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller

mainly this one
    Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller

it seems it dosent want to be the second graphics it wants to be the default driver

and so fort it anoying

2nd thing how to i bypass microsoft stupit this driver has not been certified by microsot so it wont install

is that microsoft certicicates security patch?

2. BWMerlin

BWMerlin Registered Member

Try going disable this driver in all profiles (in divice manager) and c if that helps the problem. I have gone through the same thing when i tried to install my new graphics card in my HP (Heaps of Problems :D). With updateing the driver there should be an ignore or a procced option that will let u continue but it says that they can not garentie that your system will not stuff up or something along those line. I know that microsoft update has the nvidia driver on their that it keeps wanting me to dl so maybe it has your there as well.

3. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Hey Blaze. Might not be related but I've heard you can't upgrade Gateway components unless you do it through them. Of course I don't understand how they make non-Gateway stuff incompatible in the first place, but perhaps Gateway tech support could confirm if they're self-serving revenue strategy is the culprit. I'd be curious to know too.

Later, Rick

4. BWMerlin

BWMerlin Registered Member

That could be very true as i have a HP (Heaps of Problems) modem that i carnt use on any other computer evern with the latest drivers.

5. Mr.Blaze

:D will ok i fixed the graphic card thing and the built in chip set asking me you were right there were other traces of the chipset profiles

i celeted them and it stop asking

6. Mr.Blaze

i dont get it this radeon 7500 64 pci bus mb ddr tv out graphic card supose to be best for my little pc

but when im at wilders scrolling dowen i swear the web pages take awile to scroll dowen like a wave effect

you ever seen waves at the beach slowely reach the shore

same thing here i have 383 ram
    and the sad part is my generic 8mb graphic chip set with that 8201 e controler seems way faster and smother scrolling dowen web pages

maybe it the ram the new one i put in is 256 pony 133/100 mhz both suported the other one is 128 133mhz kingstion

or could be screwy settings for this radeon card i have no ideal as i never owen a graphic card befor

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Blaze,

Do you have that problem only here at the Wilders board, or do you have it at all sites?

BTW:
    Here is the site for your Radeon 7500:

http://mirror.ati.com/products/radeon7500/radeon7500/index.html

Does that site give you a newer driver (software) for your Radeon 7500 than you have now installed?

Maybe you need to change some settings.
    Have a look at the bottom of this page:
    http://mirror.ati.com/products/radeon7500/radeon7500/specs.html

I don't have the real answer, but maybe you could have a look at those things.

8. Mr.Blaze

:D WHOZA BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIGGGGGGGGGGGG HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

YEAH THAT HELPED ALOT

now the drivers are updated and installed corectly

pages load way faster it seems and i definitly scroll dowen web pages wy way faster

thx budy i really needed that i was haveing such a horriable time thx god you were here to help :D

9. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Blaze, if you need the help of another foot, just let me know!!! :D I'd like to give them a few kicks myself. I'll even wear my steel toe boots!!!

10. Mr.Blaze

:D yeah those guys at gateway and microsoft are horriable

11. FanJ

FanJ Guest

:D
    Hey buddy,

I'm very happy that you could fix it with new drivers !!!

Cheers, Jan :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.