Help!I have CoolWWWSearch and don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by cbstiff, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbstiff

cbstiff Registered Member

Hello-I am new to this and need help. I have CoolWWWSearch on my computer and have NO IDEA how to get rid of it. I am not a computer idiot-but I also do not know the "ins and outs" of running this stuff down. If any one can help I would be grateful. :doubt:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey cbstiff.

What type of indications are you having that makes you believe you have the CoolWWWSearch highjack ?

For the moment....I'll await your answer before proceeding further in our attempt to assist you with this possible CoolWWWSearch highjack.

3. cbstiff

I ahve run several spyware programs and they have come up with "Common Hijacker and CoolWWWSearch. When I get on the internet it goes to "no page to display" and then goes to http://a-search.biz/?wmid=1010. It has changed my homepage from MSN.com to Homepage and I can do nothing to get back to MSN. Also, it will not let me download any spyware fix its. My spyware programs find it, but cannot get rid of it. Hope that helps.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Which spyware programs?

5. cbstiff

Xoftspy, spybot Search & Sestroy & SpySweeper

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since a-search.biz is usually associated with a rogue service and since Wilders no longer offers "one-on-one HijackThis log analysis and system cleaning services"....you'll need to follow the below instructions about visiting Forums that offer this service.

This thread---> Stopping HijackThis Log Cleaning Services!

Edit:
    Not that it will help....but the below thread link is an example of one of our resident Expert Spyware Veteran's(Pieter_Arntz)....working a a-search.biz problem.

This thread---> Browser HiJack: a-search.biz

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Once you have followed Bubba's advice let us know how you go. Wilders has a lot of good advice on how to keep your system clean...

Cheers :D

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

9. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

10. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Jesus christ, for god's sake REMOVE xoftspy, its a piece of malware! Xoftspy is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

11. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all,

I would temper my comments. Here is an associated note from the Rogue Anti-Spyware page mentioned by Detox.
    As you can see from the screenshot, fred22 is running version 4.05 - to which the note above applies.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.