Help-I Got A Worm And A Trojan

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by mochapeach, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mochapeach

mochapeach Registered Member

Is there software that I can purchase that will delete the viruses on my computer (worm & trojan backdoor). I have AVG free trial anti-virus and it says that the viruses are in a vault, but when this happened i think some of my windows application where disabled because of the files that the viruses where attached to. I am not able to get into any of my programs on my desktop or by start menu. When I click on an icon it does not bring up the program, but the cursor blinks a little and the hour glass shows up like it trying to get into the program. Also when I try and use my tool bar it does the same thing. I've also tried to heal the viruses and AVG says it healed. When I check my vault it shows the number of viruses that are in it, but by rebooting my computer on start up AVG detects the same virus(sometimes). It ask if I want to heal or vault the virus, I chose heal it say that it's healed, then I go to check the vault and the number of viruses in the vault goes up by one. What's happening, I'd be greatful for anykind of help. I just want to get rid of these viruses ASAP.

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi mochapeach & welcome to Wilders, :D
    You could always download Ewido. You can use it for free or you can buy it, which will give you realtime protection as well as automatic updates. :cool:

Best to scan in Safe mode too.

Further more you could post an HiJackThis log at one of the dedicated forums.
    Read the instructions on their site prior to posting your log.
    For more information have a look here.
    This may come in handy too: General Cleaning Instructions.

Hope that helps getting your system clean again. ;)

3. TradeMark

TradeMark Registered Member

If Ewido does not help you can always install the three top AV´s like Kaspersky . Bitdefender . Nod32 .

Good Luck

4. mochapeach

mochapeach Registered Member

Thank you both:D ...how do I turn on safe mode?

5. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

You're welcome mochapeach. :)

If Windows XP:
    Hope that helps. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.