Help, I don't know what happened

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by MRSCT, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I loaded a spyware or adware from the giant company. When it was finished I tried to start the IE. Nothing. My husband said that something happened to the IP. It can no longer find it to open the internet.

So now our computer is down and I'm not sure what this program did to my computer. Can someone help us ASAP :'(

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi MRSCT, and welcome to Wilders.

You have posted in Javacool's SpywareBlaster forum, but I'm not sure where your problem has to do with SpywareBlaster, so we may have to move your post to a more suitable forum here.

Can you explain what you mean by "I loaded a spyware or adware from the giant company.

Do you know for certain that you downloaded spyware and adware.....or are you meaning you downloaded and installed SpywareBlaster and Ad-AwareSE? Some people do use short names for those but it can be confusing to what exactly you are referring to and downloaded.

Are you saying now you have no internet connection with that computer, and you are posting this from another computer?

You can try downloading ISPfix to a floppy and running the program to fix your internet connectin. Make sure you read all the information first before running it: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Regards,

snap

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey MRSCT,

Along with Snapdragin's question about....giant company....are you speaking of the program....GIANT AntiSpyware™....by....Giant Company Software™ ?

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Ahh...good catch, Bubba! GIANT AntiSpyware is not that well known, so I didn't put two and two together that this could be what MRSCT downloaded and scanned with. That program may have removed some spyware that puts some of it's components down into the IP stack and when removed, broke the internet connection.

MRSCT, if the program that Bubba mentioned, is the one you used.....does it have a backup feature? If it does, you could try using that first and putting back what you had the program remove.

If that doesn't work, or there is no backup feature available with GIANT AntiSpyware, then you could try using the LSPfix I posted a link to.

Of course, we won't know for sure what program you used until you post back with the exact name of it. ;)

(Thanks Bubba!)

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.