HELP!! I disabled Outlook and now cannot Explore my image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ripvws, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ripvws

ripvws Registered Member

I messed up! Trying to make some room on my hard disk yesterday for the Secure zone, I deleted some files. They either did not end up in my recycle bin or I emptied my recycle bin. It turns out one of them was my Outlook file. Now I cannot even get Outlook to open. I thought I was deleting a backup of the outlook file.

No problem, right! Just explore my image, find the Outlook file, and restore it.

When I select the image that I made yesterday to CD's, I get an error message as follows: "Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive." I performed a full image to 19 CDs. My build number is 796.

Please help.

Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ripvws,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image doesn't allow you to explore image from CDs or DVDs. Please copy all the image file parts to a single folder on your hard drive (internal or external doesn't matter) and explore the image after that. You may choose any part when indicating the image you want to explore.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you had only deleted the Outlook data file, the .PST file, Outlook would have created a new, blank one when you started it. The PST file is normally stored in the C:\Documents and Settings\your logon name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder. Check there.

Perhaps you deleted some of the Outlook program files. In that case, you should reinstall or repair Outlook. If your PST file has not been deleted, make a copy just to be on the safe side, but reinstalling Outlook should retain your data.

4. ripvws

ripvws Registered Member

Thank you for helping with Outlook. I have been working on this all day and now realize that Outlook was attempting to open. What I had actually seen when I wrote my post was the error message that Outlook gave me saying that it could not find my file and did I want it to create a new one.

Weird thing is that the new one had all of my email settings in it. Furthermore, I now have three groups of "Personal Folders" that all do the same thing. I have tried deleting the duplicates but they do not act like duplicates.

Anyway. My current strategy is to repopulate Outlook (2003) with the data on my Palm M505. In the course of my mistake I have also lost contact with my synchronization software. I have a support request in with Intellisync but have not heard from them yet.

Any ideas on how to reestablish communication with my PDA?

Thank you.

5. doehring

doehring Guest

I have the same problem. Is Acronis going to fix this problem in its next release

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I previously used PowerQuest Drive Image 2002 which allowed you to restore individual files from a multi CD image. The never ending shuffling to and fro of CDs was a real pain in the rear. Hopefully, any Acronis development of the Image Explore feature will be a lot smarter than PowerQuest's feeble effort.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.