Help! I deleted an imortant program!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JimP, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimP

JimP Guest

Hello All,
    Newbie here. I must have erroneously deleted an important program when I deleted, & did not save, those programs indentified by spyware blaster as spyware programs. Here's 2 examples:
    (1) I went to buy movie tickets on line. When I clicked to "buy tickets now" the error message said,"page cannot be displayed".
    (2) Same type of problem occurred with AOL regarding checking my mail. After typing in my user name & password & clicked to be transported to my mail the error message read,"page cannot be displayed".
    Can you guide me on how to reinstall whatever I deleted that will not allow these kind of transfers to take place?
    Thank you.
    Otherwise, evrything esle is working quite nicely.
    Regards,
    JimP

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi JimP! Welcome to Wilders ;)

First off, SpywareBlaster doesn't delete anything - it creates killbits in your registry that prevent certain nasties from installing, and communication with certain sites of "ill repute." So, if the site where you want to buy you movie tickets from is in the protection list of SpywareBlaster, the best idea is to take the name of that site, check the protection list in SpywareBlaster (alphabetical order) and unprotect against that site. That should fix ya up. If you have any trouble findin' 'em, let us know :D

3. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Just some extra info for ya. If in the future your worried about deleting anything why not get Go-back, it is like a time machine for your computer. If you screw up(God knows i do that- Alot) and delete anything, you just use Go-back and presto your back where you started before the mistake. Great piece of software. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.