Help I can't uninstall web shots program...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Fly Guy, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fly Guy

Fly Guy Registered Member

Hello,

I am having difficulty uninstalling a screen saver program called web shots. The reason that I am trying to uinstall it is there seems to be an incompatability between the old version I had, which ran fine, and the newer version I attempted to install over it. I am running windows xp and have tried to uninstall it from add/remove programs, but receive an error message that says 'could not open INSTALL.LOG file.' I also tried 'searching' from xp's start menu for web shots files and attempted to delete them from there. No luck. All of this started when I updated web shots from an older version to a newest one. I don't know if the fact that my wife and I both have our own user accounts and have computer administrative ability. I have tried to uninstall from both user accounts with no luck. o_O What should I do?

Fly Guy

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Fly Guy

If you have system restore turned on, you can restore your computer to an earlier time before you made the last installation.

Start, all programs,accessories,system tools,system restore.

3. Fly Guy

Fly Guy Registered Member

Thank you for the reply. Can you tell me if I system restore, will I also loose docs or folders that were created after I installed web shots?

Fly Guy

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.