Help!! I can't seem to install the 'Paragon GPT Loader' in Windows 7 64

Discussion in 'Paragon Early Adopter Program' started by ChrisDWW, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisDWW

ChrisDWW Registered Member

Hi there,

If anyone can help, it would really make my day...

Today I bought a 'Hitachi 4TB Deskstar' hard drive... I've just spent the last few hours trying to get it to work. I need it working for a job I'm currently working on, and it's really messing up my tight schedule!!

- I'm running Windows 7 64.
    - I have connected the drive. (That's fine)
    - The Drive IS showing up in my Windows 'Computer Management' panel. (Rightclick 'My Computer' -> 'Manage')
    - But only as a 2TB drive.

So I tried installing the 'HGST GPT Disk Manager v2.2', which is recommended in the Drives manual...

But... It get's stuck at the following page... "The InstallShield(R) Wizzard will install HGST GPT Manager on your computer. TO CONTINUE, CLICK NEXT'

The actual 'Next' button is faded out (unable to click on it.)

So after much deliberation, I decided to buy the 'Paragon GPT Loader', thinking this could be the key.

But, after paying for it (Which was probably silly, without doing more research), I tried installing that, and... the Installer comes up with... "No Ultra-Capacity Hard Drive Found." etc...

I really am stuck... And I'm also sure that I connected the drive properly, because it IS showing up in the 'Computer Management' Window. Any help would be so very greatly appreciated. I'm under a bit of a deadline!!

Thanks,

Chris

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Paragon GPT loader is only used for Windows XP and Windows 2003, there is no necessity for it with any other operating system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.