HELP! home search/about:blank and error message loading spywareblaster

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by archer80, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archer80

archer80 Registered Member

this is my first thread so i dont know where to post it but this is my problem. i've installed and run lavasoft ad-aware but still the following occurs: (i'm using Win 98 se) about:blank in homepage showing 'home search' and in add/remove programs in control panel i can't get rid of "home search assistent, search extender, and shopping wizard". when i "ctl, alt, del" the program 4133 is listed. also, i've downloaded and tried to install spywareblaster but this error pops up: error: can not find import:DLL...File "MSVBVM60.DLL" error 1157 please let me know how to fix this and if i'm going in the right direction for best spyware/hijacker remover. thanks and happy holidays.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi archer80,

Welcome to Wilders.

The links Spanner intheWorks and GlobalForce gave you will help with the "MSVBVM60.DLL" error message you are receiving when trying to run SpywareBlaster, but the main problem you have right now is a computer infected with, what sounds like from your description of the symptoms, one of the newer variants of CWS (Home Search Assistant / CWS_NS3).

This CWS variant can be quite difficult to remove, but you can try following the removal steps outlined in this link:

How to remove Home Search Assistant , CWS_NS3, Self-Help Guide

Or, if you are uncomfortable following the steps by yourself, you can have a HijackThis Expert help you through the removal steps. Since we no longer do HijackThis log analysis and spyware cleaning here, you can post a HijackThis log at one of the forums that provide spyware/hijack cleaning services listed in this link: http://a-sap.org/

Regards,

snap

4. GlobalForce

Thanks for the addition Snap. ;) I also thought CWS and know you're experienced with this sort of help.

Kudo's! :cool:
    GF

5. GlobalForce

Wow n it just doesn't end Mr P! :D
    Sounds good this Service Filter....will have a closer look at my new download. :cool: Thanks for another interesting utility.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.