Help--getting rid of Globefinder

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by confussed, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confussed

confussed Registered Member

Hi--this is my first post and I need some help getting rid of Globefinder on my computer. It got on my computer when I got high speed internet through my cable company. I swear the cable guy put it there!!! I don't know a great deal about computers but he was brainless--he didn't even know how to get rid of visited pages--I had about 20 x-rated sites in history--I didn't go there--and he didn't know how to get rid of them. I went to history and deleted them, went to options and deleted cookies and cleaned temp files. But I can't get rid of Globefinder--it's there every morning when I start up my computer as the home page. Someone please help me.

Confussed--Janice

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Janice,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Please download, unzip and run CWShredder
    Use the Fix button and follow the instructions provided by the program.

Then follow the instructions posted here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913
    and someone will be happy to help you analyze your log.

Regards,

Pieter

3. confussed

Hi, Thanks for answering me back so quickly. I read all the email and clicked on the links and read all of them. From what I understand the highjacklog is something I have to download to relpy here. Do I have to do it? I'm very leary of downloading anything. I did undates from Microsoft and it damaged my IE and Java. It took me a week to get it back to working order. I thinks it's for posting a log of what you do--right? I wondered how other people got all of that stuff on their post. I will try all of this tomorrow and get back to you then. I got company coming for dinner and I'm real busy.

Until tomorrow.

Janice-confussed

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Janice,

Unless you are extremely knowledgeable about the Windows registry, you will need tools to clean out the spyware that is annoying you. And those will have to be downloaded. Read the post by LowWaterMark and you will find out it is not as difficult as it looks at first sight.

Regards,

Pieter

5. confussed

Dear Pieter,

Companys gone and I'm back at it. I read you latest post and I checked for post by Lowwatermark and he has over 4,000. What should I put in the search to find the ones your talking about? I hate to sound so dumb --I guess I am compared to all of you'll--but I need more info.

Janice--confussed o_O

6. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hi confussed,

Just refer back to the first reply to you by Pieter in this thread. Click the link he provided in that post. That is the post by LowWaterMark that Pieter is referring to. If you read and follow the directions in that post and then allow someone to help you with the HijackThis log, you will be fine. :)

And just in case you missed it, click on the word CWShredder in that same reply from Pieter to download the tool he wanted you to run first. Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.