Help! From Beyond!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kristina 0507, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello. I have a really "dumb" question. I backed up my hard drive about 2 months ago with Acronis True Image. I have a total of about 14 cd's copied. I had a "crash" yesterday (damn hijacker changed all my registry keys) even though I have the best protection in town! Anyway, if I purchase the Acronis True Image 8.0 will it read all my back up files and put them back on my hard drive? When I backed up everything I was using the trial version. I meant to purchase but had forgotten to do so. (silly me). Will the True Image 8.0 help me to recover? Thanks! Guys! I really appreciate your help!
    Warm in Dallas, Kristina

2. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

I think there are no problems. You can try a restore.

3. Kristina0507

Kristina0507 Guest

Re: Help! From Beyond!!!/Reply

Yep! Tryed a restore. All restore points were taken also by this hijacker. I had to "delete" all my hard drive files, everything. I am now starting "fresh".
    So will True Image 8.0 help restore my personal data?
    Thanks! Kristina

4. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

Ok. Make a fresh install and then you can browse your image (you must copy it to your HD) and simply copy the data you need, but be shure they are not infected.

5. Kristina0507

Kristina0507 Guest

Thanks! Ale! (that's such a romantic name!) But I need to purchase True Image 8.0 for it to "read" my data. Correct? Because I don't have the program on my computer. (I will make sure they are not infected.) Are my questions silly? I did a clean install of my Windows XP this morning. Ale, you're a great help. Kristina

6. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

You're welcome, Kristina. Yes if you purchase TI, after the install you can make immediatly an image (before some virus or other). I made an image with only Win XP and SP2, then I installed all my progs and made another image and now I make a new image at every important change or new installation.
    Bye

7. Kristina0507

Kristina0507 Guest

Thanks again, Ale. I will try everything you suggested. Thanks for being such a great help. Us tall blondes have trouble comprehending sometimes!! Ha! Ha!
    Hope the weather is nice in Italy. Wish me luck!
    Sincerely, Kristina

8. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

Hi Kristina, now it's rainy here!
    Good luck for your new install. By the way I use an external USB hard disk for my images, but if you have only one maybe is better to have your images on another partition on your HD. If you need help I'm here!
    Sincerely, Ale

9. Kristina0507

Kristina0507 Guest

Ale, I'm going to purchase TI and will let you know how it goes. That's a Great idea about putting in a partition on my HD. I was going to do that before, but didn't get around to it! (wish I had!) I will post to you tomorrow about what happened and If I do need some help, I will come and look for you. It is 4:18 pm where I am.(Texas). Thanks again, my friend! Kristina

10. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

Kristina, maybe is better you register to forum, so you can PM me and we don't go off topic
    Bye

11. Kristina 0507

Kristina 0507 Registered Member

Ale, I am now a register member! Will fill out details later. Thanks for your help. I'm going to try and "refurbish" everything now. Hope to hear from you soon and I will be in touch. Thanks Again, Kristina :D

12. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

Ok, good idea.
    Here are 12.03 am
    Bye
    Ale

13. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

Funny thread! Looks like Kristina really knows how to work the system! But then I could be wrong. You know how us good looking muscular type guys can be at that sort of thing!

Tipton

14. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Yeah, it was just over the top!!! It should be stickied as a classic. Isn't it nice that online, we can appear to be anything we want to!

15. Tom_USA

Tom_USA Guest

Except for clever.... (no personal offense - just came to my mind when reading other postings here)

16. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Guest

Or civil.... judging by a number of your other posts on this forum.

17. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Let's stay on topic and away from the personal comments folks. Thanks.

Blue

18. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

It seems to me that the problem is resolved... but I should clarify one thing.

If you create an image using any version of Acronis True Image (Deluxe, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, the trial one or the standard one, Server edition or not, using Acronis bootable rescue media or under Windows) then the image will be recognized by any later version of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.