Help extracting restoring data from a corrupt image.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by mmason5004, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmason5004

mmason5004 Registered Member

Basically I ran into a bunch of problems with the Paragon Backup & recovery 2010 Free advanced and I can't restore the image a backed up. The boot disc was incompatible with my motherboard and the back image is unrecognizable to Paragon software.....

Here is an image of the back file(s):

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa318/klokwyze/ParagonBackupImage01.png

Here is an image of what Paragon is saying about the image now:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa318/klokwyze/ParagonBackupImage02.png

Is this backup image actually corrupt or is this software just broken? Are there alternative applications out there to recover the data from this backup image?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! :D

Edit:

Please go directly to the photobucket page because those served images have very low resolution.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

the bootdisc was incompatible with motherboard how? Error or other messages?

3. mmason5004

I've read quite a bit and tons of other people had problems with the boot disc.... It's apparently related to the motherboard (BIOS), but every boot option you select just hangs or resets. This is a moot point though.....

I just need to get the data from this image if possible. How can I really tell if this is corrupt? The thing is, is that the Paragon software doesn't even scan the image, it just says the image is corrupt as soon as I SELECT the folder......?!?!?!?! o_O

4. mmason5004

anyone? I figured some of these questions are very strait forward.... does noone here have experience dealing with corrupt backup images? is this a rare problem?

5. mmason5004

Thanks for all the help guys! :rolleyes:

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Did you try to select the only shown file inside backup folder? Is it recognized correctly as an archive?

Is is one partition backup?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.