HELP!! Eset is blocking my WSUS window updates

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by doma, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doma

doma Registered Member

Hi,

I have ESET installed on all my clients computers ( 90PCs). Yesterday I pushed to my client's PCs some WSUS windows updates from the WSUS server and the next day more than 30 clients were not able to log on into their PCs through their domain credentials. I went to investigate the problem and I logged into their PCs locally and saw that the updates are still waiting to be installed, however I got the following warning from ESET.

WARNING! APPLICATION MODIFICATIONS DETECTED
    DURING COMMUNICATION A CHANGE WAS DETECTED IN THE APPLICATION:C:\WINDWS\SYSTEM32\WINLOGON.EXE

Also another warning with the same wordings accept it is for:
    APPLICATION:C:\WINDWS\SYSTEM32\svchost.EXE

Can somebody help me or recommend changing some ESET settings to prevent any blocking of WSUS windows updates that I will deploy in the near future. Thanks a lot.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That's really weird as modifications in digitally signed applications are accepted by default. Could you check if you didn't disable this option in the Personal firewall -> Application modification detection setup? Could you check if those exe files have a valid digital signature?

3. doma

doma Registered Member

Hi Marcos.. I checked them and all OK. Any other hints. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.