help deciding which *nix

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xTiNcTion, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hello,
    i already have RH9 but i heard it reached its end of life and not being supported any more. o_O

so what other options do i have?

what about Fedora?

have to tell you since i suscribed to this forum i become a little "paranoid" and always want "more secure" way when using my PC :D

2. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

if RH9 has reached its end of life what about new "bugs" or "vulnerabilies"?

3. Etsnuffy

Etsnuffy Registered Member

I can't help you to much with the Redhat/Fedora core distros because it has been awhile since I used Redhat- I have stuck primarily with the Debian based ones- you might try some of the forums geared more towards Linux. There are lots of options when it comes to Linux- I'm sure it will easy to find one that is suited to you. That being said, I love these forums....I learn something everyday about securing my Windows box.

4. xTiNc

xTiNc Guest

Thanks for your replies,
    Yes I know there are a lot of options and thats the difficult part to me. Iam not an "security expert". would be nice if you guys give a clue in a good linux distro to make easier my try out experience.

Have to say i really appreciate what you do in this EXCELENT FORUM - since i suscribed to it Ive LEARNED A LOT about securing my box -this make my work easier without too many virus,etc-

iam planning in make *nix based OS my primaly plattaform. Of course, use MS Windows to play "Starcraft", Diablo or UT :)

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Xandros linux is a fun distro to use, you might check it out. I believe that there is a free version now.

6. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

from https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=40729

7. meneer

meneer Registered Member

I don't know about the rh9 problem, but I do know that fedora core 2 is a great distro. Post your question to their forum, I'd say.

Have a look at distrowatch. Lots of distro's, reviews and opinions.
    Check daily...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.