Help Captain Acronis! I'm stuck!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Metal God, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal God

Metal God Registered Member

In the restore data wizard I get stuck. I start the wizard, select the .tib backup file from my backup DVD, click next, enter my password, click next, select "Restore disks or partitions", click next, then I get this error (screenshot part 1):
    *Your browser may fit this image to the window, so you may have to re-size or save it and view to read what it says...
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=179981&stc=1&d=1150100199

But, I read in one thread that if you click cancel, you can proceed as normal. (I had the last DVD of the set inserted btw.) So moving ahead, I select "Disk 1", which selects "NTFS C:" and "MBR and Track 0", click next, then select "No, I do not want to re-size partitions", click next, then select "Disk 1" as my restored hard disk drive location and click next. Now this is where I can't proceed! I select "Yes, I want to delete all the partitions on the destination hard disk drive before restoring." as illustrated in screenshot part 2:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=179981&stc=1&d=1150100199

So now comes the part where I click next, and for a very brief instant, this little window pops up (screenshot part 3):

The little window, which took me a few tries to capture to clipboard as it appears and disappears so quickly, says: "Locking partition C:..." then nothing happens after it is gone. If I click next at this point, screenshot part 3 happens again. I'm totally stuck here! Please tell me what I can do Acronis. I'm quite frustrated and I want to try the new Windows Vista Beta 2 on my system then restore my backed up HDD image to my HDD after I check out Vista. Please help ASAP! Thank you very much.

-Metal God

Attached Files:

2. Metal God

FORGOT TO MENTION...

I'm using Acronis*True*Image*Home 9.0 (build*3,633) BTW! Also, I do realize that deleting all partitions on the destination drive before restoring might be totally stupid, because Acronis (and Windows!) is running on one of those partitions, but I'm just thinking that Acronis would be run from RAM as you delete the partitions... Does anyone know?

3. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Re: FORGOT TO MENTION...

Are you trying to restore using Windows or the Rescue CD? Most posters on this forum advise that you should use the Rescue CD.

4. Metal God

Of course I tried the rescue CD! lol The only problem is, there's a bug in the current build of TI 9.0 where the rescue CD program isn't able to recognize any backup files on DVDs! I hate it! Thanks for the reply tough! I think this is one Acronis needs to solve. I REALLY hope they release a new build soon because I'm aching to try Windows Vista! With Vista, you can't uninstall it once it's installed, so I'm relying on TI for backup... *sigh*

5. Metal God

*Thanks for the reply though. (Not tough lol.)

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

You could get yourself a spare hard drive. Take out your existing system drive and install Vista Beta 2 on your new drive. You are then home free.

Xpilot.

7. Metal God

I know but I'm broke right now... How do you get Acronis to read these threads faster anyway?

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Metal God,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please insert the DVD disk marked as "Volume 1" (first DVD disk) as Restore Backup Wizart asked you and press "Retry" button? Please note that might need to insert different backup volumes several times during the restoration. The reason for this is described here.

Yes, you are right. When you perform restore of the system partition or entire hard drive after reboot Acronis True Image is loaded entirely into RAM. The same is for the boot CD. So you can remove the bootable CD to insert the archive disk.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.