Help... cant install new TI 9.0 over trial version

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rocket01, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocket01

rocket01 Registered Member

I have a Maxtor One Touch 300 gig external drive and didn't like the OEM back-up software so I downloaded the trial version of True Image 9.0 and loved it. I went out and bought the full version from a reputable chain store here in Australia as I like to have the disc. I then wanted to put in the key to validate the software but could not find anywhere to do this. The trial version had expired and only gave me the option to buy the full version thru the Acronis web site.

I tried to install over the trial version only to get the window saying the TV had expired and the 'Buy' button the only option.

I have uninstalled the trial version and reinstalled the new to still get the window saying TV has expired.:doubt:

I did a system restore to prior the TI install and it is still there.o_O

Can someone shead some light on this problem for me I like the software I just cant get it installed, help... o_O

2. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Have tried to remove all registry keys under HKLM\Software\Acronis\trueimage after uninstalling the trial version and before installing the full version ?

Greetings
    Volker

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rocket01,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please be aware that the free trial and full versions installation packages are different. There is no way to "activate" the already installed free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 using your serial number. You should install the full version instead.

As for the problem you encounter, please do the following:

- Make sure that you try to install the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0;

Rright-click on the installation file and go to Properties -> Version tab;

- If the build number is different from 2337 then please download the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

- Uninstall the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image;

- Install the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0.

Please let us know if the problem still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.