Help! Can't boot after repartioning / Goback Problem?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Bob_123, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob_123

Bob_123 Registered Member

I just repartitioned a windows xp drive with Acronis Disk Director and I'm feeling quite foolish and worried as I did not back up prior to doing this and to make matters worse, this is my girlfriend's computer.

I'd very much appreciate your help.

There are two partitions; C: and D:. I got an error message during the repartioning. I believe it was in effect that sector 0 could not be written and then it asked to retry, ignore, or ignore all. I chose "ignore" as there was no roll-back option and I assumed that worse case this was a boot sector that could be repaired. After Acronis DD finished the partioning operation, I could not boot up windows xp. I tried the Acronis Bootable CD and it said it could not handle Norton GoBack which I hadn't realized was running. The program did not show partitions C: or D:.

I tried "Safe Mode" and it showed that it loads many drivers but it dies prior to getting a screen.

So, I'm stuck. (and quite worried) Please advise a course of action.

Thank you very much in advance for your help,
    Bob

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bob,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Managing Software

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We need some additional information to localize the issue.

Could you please do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from
    http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Attach report.txt file from the floppy disk to this thread.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.
    --
    Oleg Churkin

3. Bob_123

Bob_123 Registered Member

Thank you Oleg! You should see the report file attached. I appreciate your help in resolving this.

Sincerely,
    Bob

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.