Help, Cannot Connect to Certain Things!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by firzen771, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

okay just today i am unable to log onto my xfire, update KAV 7 or update SAS

although all my other apps work and update fine, so far it is just the things i have listed that wont connect and i can't seem to figure out why, any suggestions plz? i did a scan with SAS and MBAM so i dont think this is malware related, but you never know i guess..

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Open the host file with notepad, post the contents here.

3. firzen771

thers a LOT of entries in my hosts file, so i think it wuld be to long to just post its contents here, and i cant attach it because its 2.16mb in size and the max .txt attachement size for these forums is 1mb. how else can i post it here?

4. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

If you want to verify this avenue, you could simply dump your host file and replace it with a clean backup or a freshly downloaded one (you could use something like HostsMan to simplify the task).

5. firzen771

ok i deleted my hosts file and re-installed hostsman and now i can finally connect to SAS updates :D but KAV 7 still wont update it says "not enough rights for file operation" even though im running on admin...

6. firzen771

another thing ive recently noticed is, my DNS server setting keeps going blank everytime i re start my comp, any idea how i can make it save my DNS server instead of it keep getting deleted each reboot?

7. firzen771

ok ive finally been able to get my xfire working now all thats left is KAV 7 that still wont connect to updates, suggestions plz on how to fix this. as well as how i can make my DNS server setting to save instead of getting wiped every reboot and me having to re-type it in each time...:doubt:

8. firzen771

Bump, i still need help on this, i really need assistance to figure out how to make it save my DNS server settings instead of it getting cleared every reboot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.