Help -- Blaster Disabled by Worm?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by aedc, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aedc

aedc Registered Member

I completed a Zone Alarm scan today, which found a trojan identified as "W32email.worm.VB.cp" I duly deleted it and rebooted. I then tried to run Spyware Blaster and, even after rebooting and reinstalling the software again, am unable to run it. The computer shows me a message which reads:

"Cannot find import. DLL may be missing; corrupt.... File MSVBVM60.DLL, error 126"

Any help getting Blaster back up and running will be very much appreciated. The cookie that allows me to run Excite e-mail (which I previously white-listed within Blaster) appears to have remained in the blocked position so I can't access my account at home at the moment. I'm hoping that getting back into the program to reapply the white-listing will fix that.

Thanks in advance.

Adam in DC

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

This THREAD should take care of it.

3. aedc

aedc Registered Member

**Thanks muchly,** ThunderZ. The instructions in the thread you sent did the trick in no time flat. It didn't say anything, however, about deleting the file identified as corrupted in my error message.

I've located that file on my hard drive in two spots: Software applications and Windows 32. The latter is where Zone Alarm found the worm, based on its file name anyway, and that file name is capitalized like the one in the error message.

Should I ditch one or both of these .DLL files? Thanks again!

4. ThunderZ

That I am not sure of. My guess is they are now safe to delete. Hopefully someone will come along with an answer for that one. Sorry.

5. aedc

aedc Registered Member

No apologies, please. I really appreciate the fast help. Going from corrupted to copasetic in less than 10 minutes was great.

6. ThunderZ

:D That is what this Forum is here for. Glad you are up and running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.