Help Backing Up To DVD-RW

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MikeC578, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeC578

MikeC578 Registered Member

o_O I create a new Scheduled Task and ask it to back up my files to a blank DVD-RW. It starts the process but as soon as the DVD spins up - I get the messages that it fails to write the files. I've tried several times using different media types and using different burners. What am I doing wrong?

Thanx.

Mike C.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mike,

Did you use a UDF packet writing program (e.g Ahead InCD or Roxio Drag-to-Disk) to preformat the DVD-RW disks and was that program running in the background whilst the image was being created? If the answer is "no" then that's the cause of the problem.

Check out <Acronis True Image 9 Online FAQ #27> and this <previous reply> for futher information on imaging to DVDs.

Regards

3. Jeffrey9999

Jeffrey9999 Registered Member

You are the first to notice a major fault in my backup process. Thank you. The issue has been resolved now.

4. dick471

dick471 Registered Member

Menorcaman: Dumb question but is this DVD-RW image "Bootable"? Can I add the TI-9.3567 program to the DVD like your procedure using UltraISO to make it bootable, or must I still boot to the "Bootable Rescue Media" and then restore to this DVD?

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Dick471,

The above information only deals with creating "normal" DVD images.

I have just installed TI 9.0 Home Build 3567 and used it's Acronis Media Creator to create a combined True Image and Disk Director Suite bootable rescue CD. I will use this CD to validate the bootable rescue DVD procedures I posted at #26 and #171 in the thread titled <How to create bootable recue DVD(s):> and post the results there.

Regards

6. dick471

dick471 Registered Member

Memorcaman: Thanks very much. You must have enough time to really investigate the Acronis programs. I will wait for you checkout, as I just bought Disk Director Suite 10. I did today used you old method #171 and made a W2000 bootable DVD-RW and it works just fine. I did get an error in UltraISO just at the end of making the ISO, but it's complete and works. I wouldn't go through all of this for W2000 if it had "System Restore". PS: All of Acronis programs work perfect on SCSI Hard Drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.