Help Backing Up To DVD-RW

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MikeC578, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeC578

MikeC578 Registered Member

o_O I create a new Scheduled Task and ask it to back up my files to a blank DVD-RW. It starts the process but as soon as the DVD spins up - I get the messages that it fails to write the files. I've tried several times using different media types and using different burners. What am I doing wrong?

Thanx.

Mike C.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mike,

Did you use a UDF packet writing program (e.g Ahead InCD or Roxio Drag-to-Disk) to preformat the DVD-RW disks and was that program running in the background whilst the image was being created? If the answer is "no" then that's the cause of the problem.

Check out <Acronis True Image 9 Online FAQ #27> and this <previous reply> for futher information on imaging to DVDs.

Regards

3. Jeffrey9999

Jeffrey9999 Registered Member

You are the first to notice a major fault in my backup process. Thank you. The issue has been resolved now.

4. dick471

dick471 Registered Member

Menorcaman: Dumb question but is this DVD-RW image "Bootable"? Can I add the TI-9.3567 program to the DVD like your procedure using UltraISO to make it bootable, or must I still boot to the "Bootable Rescue Media" and then restore to this DVD?

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Dick471,

The above information only deals with creating "normal" DVD images.

I have just installed TI 9.0 Home Build 3567 and used it's Acronis Media Creator to create a combined True Image and Disk Director Suite bootable rescue CD. I will use this CD to validate the bootable rescue DVD procedures I posted at #26 and #171 in the thread titled <How to create bootable recue DVD(s):> and post the results there.

Regards

6. dick471

dick471 Registered Member

Memorcaman: Thanks very much. You must have enough time to really investigate the Acronis programs. I will wait for you checkout, as I just bought Disk Director Suite 10. I did today used you old method #171 and made a W2000 bootable DVD-RW and it works just fine. I did get an error in UltraISO just at the end of making the ISO, but it's complete and works. I wouldn't go through all of this for W2000 if it had "System Restore". PS: All of Acronis programs work perfect on SCSI Hard Drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.