Help! ASAP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hello, Just yesterday after removing Acronis Secure Zone from My Backup drive, My Computer would not boot, and in BIOS My SSD was not showing. On inserting the Windows 8 DVD, My SSD did not show up there either. After changing SATA Ports, The drive showed again, and MY PC Booted, everything fine I thought! Until just now! :doubt: After restoring from an Acronis Backup, I noticed that Windows 8.1 has deactivated itself :doubt: :doubt: and I cant enter the Windows 8 Key because I upgraded to 8.1 from the Windows App Store, and the Windows 8 Key says it's not a valid key for this version. Is there any way I can get this activated again without having to Wipe the drive/ Install Windows 8, and upgrade to 8.1 from the store all over again? :doubt: o_O

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I would try calling Microsoft support.

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Oddest thing :doubt: 3 boots later it activated again o_O

5. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

and this is a good reason why I generally 'remove' activation protocols from MS products. Either through direct removal, or third party tools for MS products I've legally licensed. As long as I can provide a legitimate key, with bill of sale, I can legally remove the activation parameters. No attorney in the world would take a case like that. I paid $39.00 each for my Windows 8.1 Keys from a Licensed Wholesaler, and promptly installed it, and removed the activation systems. Problem solved.

I bought Stardock fences awhile back, and found out after 10 re-activations, through uninstall/reinstall, VM's, Reformats, Upgrades, and other things the product shuts off. Stardock refuses to re-authorize the activations. So once again, I had to forcibly remove the DRM system for a product I paid for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.