HELP!! Acronis v 8.0 How to resume backup??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wzajac, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wzajac

wzajac Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm running a full backup to CDROM after 5 CDs the backup failed due to a bad CD. There was no resume option. There was a window that indicated backup failed due to bad medium I clicked OK but there was no resume. How can i resume the backup from the point it failed? Hate to waste 5 CDs as they are CD-R.
    thanks
    WD

2. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Nothing you can do about it. You've created your self a set of coasters, decorations, or, if your one with the Christmas spirit, things to hang off your tree.

Cd's are meager cents to consume. IF your that worried about it, go for CD-RW's and use them instead.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, wzajac

Welcome to Wilders.

Replace the CD-R with a new one then press OK to resume.

Tip:In future Use CD-RW's. ;)

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

PS: Unit01 you posted as I was typing my reply. :eek:

4. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Hmm, interesting.

I've never had a backup resume after dropping a new CD in. Then again, it may have. Its been ages since I've backed up to CD :doubt:.

My bad!

5. wzajac

wzajac Registered Member

Its not the costs of CD's but the time. The backup will take 14 CDs what if I get to CD 13 and the next CD has a problem, I have to start over from 1 to get a full backup.
    Any idea'so_O
    I want to do a full backup of my laptops disk.
    thanks

6. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Give what TheQuest suggested. When it spits out the disk, throw another in, hit OK and see what it does.

7. wzajac

wzajac Registered Member

When I hit OK the backup stops, it won't resume. It stops, then forces me to start the backup from the beginning. Most programs will retry after inserting new CD this thing just stops and won't resume Argghhh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.