help a new user please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by smoked, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoked

smoked Registered Member

I teach computer classes to various students using a small lab of computers at my home. Each PC is running windows 2000 and has two physical hard drives in it. Here is my scenario and what I want to do:

I have a base default configuration of the windows OS before any apps are installed. I want to make an image of this and keep in on the second drive. That way as students install and do whatever to it, I can simply bring down the original image when I want to start with a fresh install. Now for the hard part (for me anyways), I saw this in a lab that was utilizing ghost a couple of years ago:

Like in my scenario, the default image was stored on drive D. When the computer booted, it presented you with a DOS based menu that would either allow you to continue booting with the current OS, or it would activate an image restore and pull down the image from the D drive, and the computer would come up with a fresh OS again. The whole process was automated, there was no booting to a floppy. The only user intervention was if the user wanted to install the new image.

Is this possible with the Acronis? I really need an automated solution to be able to restore my lab pc's with minimal effort. Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello smoked,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

To restore the image you need to boot from Acronis Bootable Media and choose the "Restore Image" wizard. After you pass all steps in wizard the image will be restored and your computer will be at the initaial state again.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.