Heeeeellllppp!!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Amethyst, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amethyst

Amethyst Registered Member

Okay....Heres my prob...
    I have an 150gb hdd and an 80gb hdd....
    On the 80gb hdd, All but 10gb is Unallocated...HOWEVER....there is STILL data on that space that I need to recover....
    I ran the recovery wizard and couldn't find a lost partition, but when I look through the disk editor all the data that I need to recover is still there.

Can I create a new partition over the unallocated space and still keep my data?

or..

If I resize the 10gb partition to include the un allocated space, will the data on the unallocated space still be there....

I am desperate to recover that data that is on the Unallocated space!!!!...there are MANY things on that space that are irreplacable....is there anything I can doo_O?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I would leave the drive as it is, any further disk access that writes to the disk may cause your data to become unrecoverable.

Using disk director - are the file names still present or is the first letter of the name missing?

Colin

3. Amethyst

When I search for files that I KNOW FOR A FACT should be there...all letters in the file name are intact and it even shows the file type....
    IE....

My Oregon.doc

ALso...I started the FULL recovery wizard instead of the fast one...Its been going for about 14 hours and is only halfway done....its already found three delete partitions so I'm letting it go for days if I hve to to recover my stuff...wish me luck!!!! Hopefully it will find my Data!!!! If not I dunno what I'm going to do....

Quick question though.... The partition size should = the unallocated space size....right? because it was all part of the same D drive before...but these three "K" drive are very small...largest is 110mb the smallest being 2.6mb...now I'm confused...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Amethyst,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please clarify how these data were lost? What was the partition layout before the data were lost?

As far as I understand, you had one partition (D) where all the information was stored before it was lost, please correct me if I'm not right. Now you have one partition and the unallocated space after it, isn't it?

If I'm right, then I'm afraid that Acronis Disk Director Suite will not be able to recover these data. Because the latest partition table does not contain any information about the previous partition layout. That is why it will not be possible to recover this lost partition.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. Amethyst

Oh great so I spent $50.00 on something that can't help me?!?!?

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I'm sure your partition is recoverable - but it needs some knowledge to rebuild partition tables.

Now I don't have this experience, but if it is possible, I'd copy all the data on this drive onto a separate drive and then play with the copy.

The fact that DD has a disk editor means one ought to be able to all sorts of high/low level stuff (I know you could use the old and ancient debug to easily wipe out a disk and not os easily restore it :) ).

I doubt that Acronis would want to get into the risky business of trying to help you 'mangle' :) the disk any further. If no one else here has any ideas, then the only thing I can think of, is to search other forums where someone may have this knowledge.

Colin

7. Amethyst

Its okay..I spend $70.00 on "Recover my files" and I've got all the non corrupted files back....now I just wasted money on acronis.....^&%$@#! *mumble grumble*

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Amethyst,

Please be aware that Acronis Recovery Expert tool embedded into Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 is not intended to recover lost/deleted data (separate files or folders). This software was designed for partition recovering only.

Please take a look at this section at our web site. It describes all the features of this product.

Please also take a look at this FAQ article.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.