Heads Up on XCleaner by XBlock

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Shae, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shae

Shae Registered Member

Okay, I don't think Eric Howes has this one listed in the rouge anti-spyware list, at least I haven't seen it yet. Anyway,XCleaner targets a needed file for MS Money as Superlogy. If you delete it, you will kill MS Money. :( The file in question is mnyviewer.dll . Without it, Money will not work.

Just thought I would post a "heads-up" on it.

By the way, Happy New Year, everyone. :)

2. Nick

Nick Registered Member

Xcleaner is a legit program. If it does flag a file it shouldn't, then it is a false positive and it should be addressed soon assuming you aren't the only one who gets this result.

3. Samurai-V

Samurai-V Guest

I have been receiving false-positives from XCleaner (the two most recent builds), incorrectly showing Alexa Toolbar and QuickSearch Search Bar are installed. The CLSIDs that are flagged do not match the known ones listed for the spyware, however, and I have no symptoms of either search bar on my system.

4. tophat

tophat Guest

I also get those 2 FPs on my ME system but not on my XP system.......strange.

5. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

6. Xblock

Xblock Guest

Thanks guys for the information I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Yes please report any false positives or problems to our support system at http://www.xblock.com/tt/

In addition I will have the head of our detection team look at this thread and see if we can resolved these problems.

kind regards,
    Wayne Porter
    XBlock Systems

7. Xblock

Xblock Guest

Couple of more things.

1) We resolved the MS Money issue several months ago.

2) Please ensure you are using the latest build and signature file of X-Cleaner.
    Build # 38435 Lastest Signature Version 3252005 (created 03-25-05 @ 10:22 AM)

If you are running the latest build and still getting this problem please send us a debug log. You can do it like this.

1) Open X-Cleaner
    2) Hit [CTRL] + [ALT] + [H] at the same time
    3) Checkmark Activate Log all the time
    4) Run the X-Cleaner Scan
    5) After Scan is complete Hit [CTRL] + [ALT] + [H] to reopen the log file and then click on the Send to Support System button

THis info will be fast tracked to our technicians and we will work on it diligently to get it solved ASAP.

Sorry for the lenghy debug steps, that is an improvement you will see in a future build.

Kind regards,
    Wayne Porter
    XBlock Systems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.