HDMS 2011: Migrating to SSD W7x64

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by CheezWiz, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheezWiz

CheezWiz Registered Member

I am attempting to migrate from a 500GB drive to a 250GB SSD using HDMS 2011. I have attempted this from both the PE disk and the OS version of the software and always get the same results. After copying, everything looks right on the SSD, but when I place it in the laptop and attempt to boot, it goes straight to startup repair. Of course, it is unable to repair the system.

If I run Bootrec at a command prompt, it is unable to see any Windows installations on the disk.

I am going to try the Intel migration utility next...

2. CheezWiz

CheezWiz Registered Member

Wow,

The FREE Intel (Acronis Based) software worked without a single issue.. sad day..

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Cheezwiz,

Sorry to hear that .

I am also quite surprised - there is nothing but praise for Migrate OS to SSD app at Windows 7forums.

4. buser

buser Registered Member

I tried a similar scenario and it worked with SSD Windows 7 x64 ultimate.

When backing up the HDD c-drive, I had to backup the whole partition. Of course I also did it on a desktop PC not laptop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.