HDMS 2011 Error: path is not valid (using Restore Files Capsule )

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by deVries, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deVries

deVries Registered Member

I'm trying to restore files from a "capsule archive" that is verified "good" by the archive checker. I've tried using different target drives to restore to including the C Boot Drive, & I've restarted "clean" to just run HDMS 2011 to restore... but no go... This is the same program install used to create the capsule, but there were some program update(s) I installed for that version.

Checked Manual & this Forum using a title search, but no solution found for this problem error...

Restore Files: path is not valid (source: paragon file backup)

Any way to fix thiso_O

ICH9R w/three HDs in parity mode for both boot HDs & also 3-HD where capsule drive is stored in parity mode. This shouldn't be a problem. Both are verified as Ok by Intel's Rapid Storage Software.

Vista SP2 Home Premium

Thanks.

2. deVries

deVries Registered Member

Update: I think this is a serious bug in the software considering "The Capsule" is a protected space, and HDMS 2011 should be able to recover the data if it says the archive is verified Ok that it created... in my case it does say ok.

I upgraded to HDMS 2012, and it actually restored the data in my HDMS 2011 capsule...

Obviously, there is a problem with 2011 recovering its own data, and it's a good thing version 2012 can read 2011 archives and work! :argh:

Free Upgrade, imo... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.