HDMS 2011 Error: path is not valid (using Restore Files Capsule )

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by deVries, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deVries

deVries Registered Member

I'm trying to restore files from a "capsule archive" that is verified "good" by the archive checker. I've tried using different target drives to restore to including the C Boot Drive, & I've restarted "clean" to just run HDMS 2011 to restore... but no go... This is the same program install used to create the capsule, but there were some program update(s) I installed for that version.

Checked Manual & this Forum using a title search, but no solution found for this problem error...

Restore Files: path is not valid (source: paragon file backup)

Any way to fix thiso_O

ICH9R w/three HDs in parity mode for both boot HDs & also 3-HD where capsule drive is stored in parity mode. This shouldn't be a problem. Both are verified as Ok by Intel's Rapid Storage Software.

Vista SP2 Home Premium

Thanks.

2. deVries

deVries Registered Member

Update: I think this is a serious bug in the software considering "The Capsule" is a protected space, and HDMS 2011 should be able to recover the data if it says the archive is verified Ok that it created... in my case it does say ok.

I upgraded to HDMS 2012, and it actually restored the data in my HDMS 2011 capsule...

Obviously, there is a problem with 2011 recovering its own data, and it's a good thing version 2012 can read 2011 archives and work! :argh:

Free Upgrade, imo... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.