HDMI Motherboard Connection

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TheKid7, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I am not familiar with HDMI. My newest PC has a HDMI connection on the back but the video card has the usual video/s-video connections (No HDMI).

Is it possible on this PC to connect a HD LCD TV which has HDMI connection(s) and use the TV as a LCD Monitor?

Thank you.

2. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

Hello,

HDMI is High Definition TV cable that carrys video and audio all in one. It means you can hook up the PC to a HD TV using the HDMI connector. Naturally the TV must have HDMI connection which HD modern sets do. The cable carrys a digital signal so it will be a good quality but it also dependant on what resolutions the TV can do. You can use it as a monitor but if the TV has a odd resolution such as 1366x768 which isnt a real HD resolution and uses scaling to compensate then text wont look the best. Best post your TV specs. S-VHS is not great quality connection but if you have component this is a close second to HD and the leads can be cheaper than HDMI.

I have recently learnt alot about this as i built HTPC and more impressed than i imagined it be and it runs so smoothly. I recommend it to anyone The low cost graphic 9500 card produces higher quality TV pics with the PC tuner than the digital tuner from the TV and colours are amazing. The TV is not HDTV so doesnt use HDMI but component which is second best and it has HD resolutions. Even though it isn't HD i can play HD movies and normal which upscale to HD and they look fantastic. There is not so new article on Toms Hardware about todays graphics card beating the quality of $4000 DVD players.

One of the best things i built and bought. Its a colossal bag of tricks and i kept the price right down by leftover parts. Can use low cost PC parts.

thanks for the indulgence.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.