HDM2011 issue: reinstalling on new system

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by XCLN, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCLN

XCLN Registered Member

Issue: cannot use the Paragon image file on another computer than the one where originally created, either using installed Paragon or the boot disk.
    Should it work?

Here's the scenario which didn't work. I have 2 systems, Thinkpad T61p and T61.
    (a) Installed Windows 7 Ultimate on T61p, created a Paragon archive on a second data hard drive (hd).
    (b)On T61, with Windows 7 Professional installed on first hd, and with the second data hd created earlier, install Paragon and try to restore from that Win 7U image. The process aborts, with a message that something failed. So that image seem utterly worthless EXCEPT on the original T61p. Note: I wanted to save all the work customizing Win 7 Ultimate again, have another license too.

I also tried (b) with a clean empty first hd, second hd containing the Win 7U image, booting with the bootable HDM2011 CD. Same error message.

Is HDM2011 restricted to using exactly the same PC from which the image was created? Or am i missing something ?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

The issue is not related to Windows version , it appears that your backup image has errors.
    Did you try to restore T61p ?
    If it fails with the same error please post the exact error wording here.

3. unclebump

unclebump Registered Member

You are definitely not locked to using the original system. I used HDM 2011 Pro to make a win 2000 system run on a dell tower that was supplied with XP on it. Had to go find win2000 drivers for the hardware items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.