HDM2011 crashed during move operation

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Anakunda, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakunda

Anakunda Registered Member

Greetings,
    I was performing a partition shring operation during that HDM stopped to responding, I only had chance to Debug or Close, so I chosen close. Now there were file system errors, ie. some directories were corrupt so chkdsk converted their files to FOUND000 folder.
    I'm afraid to run the operation under Windows again since I don't know if that's a HDM bug or something wrong with my HW, the resized volume was an external HD (USB2). Anyway, if there was anything wrong with the hardware, HDM should abort safely, preserving all original content, so I assume this is a bug.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you check the drive first (run chkdsk and similar)?

3. Anakunda

No, I relied on Paragon Check Integrity check (was run as very first task and didnot report anything suspicious).

4. Anakunda

..and another stop responding event during performing backup of a Ext4/Linux partition. I don't know if HDM under Win is in collision with some other software but must say I never had this kind of problem with HDM 2010.

..oops, And I have trigerred the crash In HDM invoked from Advanced Recovery CD too:

ComplexBackup.exe
    The instruction at 0x630e4f43 referenced memory at
    0x00000000. The memory could not be written.

Click OK to terminate the program

Access Violation most probably looks like program error, I'd be happy if somebody from Paragon could revise that and fix it.
    I have successfully backup the same partition earlier by HDM2011 but then I get crashes so it looks like the partition changed some way HDM engine isnot able to handle. The problem partition is otherwise bootable and fully functional.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.